Transportation in an Aging Society: The Future is Now Webinar
- Host: Transportation Research Board
- Date: 23rd Feb 2022
- Time: 1:00 pm
What has changed in the realm of transportation for older adults? It has been more than 30 years since TRB’s Transportation in an Aging Society: Improving Mobility and Safety for Older Persons was released. TRB will host a webinar on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 from 1:00-2:30 PM Eastern that will identify past, present, and future initiatives to ensure easier mobility for an aging society. Presenters will discuss the current mobility landscape and will provide solutions about how to improve it.
This webinar is sponsored by the TRB Standing Technical Committee on Accessible Transportation and Mobility.
Webinar agenda and presenters
- Evolution of research on mobility of older adults: Sandra Rosenbloom, The University of Texas at Austin
- How the built environment influences older adult mobility: Anastasia Loukaitou-Sideris, University of California, Los Angeles
- Current and future research: Shengziao (Alex) Li, University of Pennsylvania
- Question and answer session: Moderated by Trevor Hanson, University of New Brunswick, and Andrea Lubin, Rutgers University
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify current research around older adult mobility
- Discuss gaps in research and how to address these gaps
Register here: https://www.nationalacademies.org/event/02-23-2022/trb-webinar-transportation-in-an-aging-society-the-future-is-now